human language support

Hi,

I´ve been lurking here and working with glade/gtk+ for a short while now
and have a couple of questions:

1. Can someone point me to an example of, or document about,  how to
build a gtk+ gui with multi-language support.

2. I have an application in C with no gui and one in perl with a perl/Tk
gui.  I want to combine the two with a gtk+ gui - I have some experience
with perl XS so I have an idea of what I´m getting into, but i wonder if
anyone has tried to write callbacks in perl from a gtk+ mostly in C.
It seems like that would be the right place to cross languages, but
maybe some of what glade calls interface calls should also be done from
perl?

Thanks,
Jim