is this a Gtk-problem?

Hi all,

Sometimes, I get really weird bug reports and I have no clue what they
mean. I have a user who has severe problems getting the whole thing to
start at all, he gets the following notice:

[root localhost temp]# studio
Oops, error opening /root/.studio/studio_editlist.eli (open_eli_file)
<-- my own error, nothing bad
Uh oh, something went wrong when opening the edit list file... <-- my
own error, nothing bad
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
[root localhost temp]#

What does this Gdk-error mean?
The user has gtk-1.2.10-1 RPMs from gtk.org on a redhat-7.1 box. (with
the initial 1.2.9-4 RPMs, the thing segfaulted, also during
gtk_widget_show(window) - I can provide the backtrace if that's
interesting). He uses gdk-pixbuf 0.8.0-7.

gdb shows no backtrace for this error (because it's not a segfault). And
the program starts up, the window appears for 0,1 second but he doesn't
get the the notice that it got past gtk_widget_show(window) so something
is going wrong in gtk_widget_show(window); - but what?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? It's a unique case. For all
other users, it runs fine (but they again don't use redhat-7.1)

Thanks in advance (and sorry for bothering you with my users' bug
reports but I have no clue where else to ask),

Ronald

--
-   .-.
-   /V\   | Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>