Feature suggestion/request: Display of dotfiles

Hello,

I have just subscribed to this list, so this may have been discussed
before.

I was looking at a way to change the default behaviour of the
fileselection widget to show all files, including 'dotfiles' and it seems to
me there is no way to do this currently.

I have patched my own version of GTK to include an extra function:
gtk_file_selection_show_dotfiles(GtkFileSelection filesel,
                                       gboolean dotfiles)

I implemented this by adding a global gboolean dot_or_not and
addapting the FNMATCH_FLAGS definition,

#define FNMATCH_FLAGS(dot_or_not) ( dot_or_not ?
FNM_PATHNAME  : (FNM_PATHNAME | FNM_PERIOD) )

adding the boolean

gboolean dot_or_not=FALSE;

and changing every occurance of FNMATCH_FLAGS to

FNMATCH_FLAGS(dot_or_not).

With this very simple change it was trivial to implement the show
dotfiles function to just change the value of dot_or_not.

Might this be a useful addition to the gtk fileselection API ?

Regards,

Jasper

--
Ir. J.B. Huijsmans