Help: why Gtk::Bin.remove() deletes my object

Hi,
   I am back. Thanks for your advice last time. Now I
have a new one. I tried to switch between text object
in a scrolled window by calling remove() then add(*_)
because the trial with just calling add(*_) does not
work. But I found that remove() will actually delete
the text object I put in first(this maybe my
misunderstanding).
Is this really true? If so, is there a function that I
can call so that it will replace the text widget in
that window without deleting the old one, or is there
any other way going around. Thanks!

Howard