Re: Compiling GTK apps with Sun's Forte compiler

    Rich> Sun's compiler doesn't seem to get on with GTK too well.
    Rich> "/opt/gnu/include/glib.h", line 1554:  undefined or not a type: inline

For starters it looks like it doesn't understand the "inline" keyword.  I'd
check a few things:

    1. Make sure that configure used the Sun compiler when it ran.

    2. Check the various inline-related defines in config.h:

	/* Have __inline keyword */
	#define G_HAVE___INLINE 1

	/* Have __inline__ keyword */
	#define G_HAVE___INLINE__ 1

	/* Have inline keyword */
	#define G_HAVE_INLINE 1

       If you comment them out does the situation improve?

    3. Delete config.cache and try reconfiguring.  If it insists on using
       gcc, set the (I think) CC environment variable explicitly.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
(847)971-7098