Re: [nylug-talk] Re: GIMP How to configure????

You can do this (uninstall gnome) and you can alway return it to place with the
RPM's if it's a problem later.

man which

NAME
       which - show full path of commands
SYNOPSIS
       which progname ...

DESCRIPTION
       Which  takes a series of program names, and prints out the
       full pathname of the program that the shell would call  to
       execute it.  It does this by simulating the shells search­
       ing of the $PATH environment variable.

SEE ALSO
       The exec(2,3) family.

The gtk-config which is discovered by 'which' is probibly the same one
called by ./configure - assuming two versions are installed.

It seems that it doesn't beleive you have the correct version of
gtk on board.

The used to be much more careful about the dependencies with gnome
untill the Helix Project started.  Now you often hit walls with installations.

Another point, you might also post to the SuSe mailing list.  Suse, however,
is not that found of gnome.

It's a basic KDE setup.

Ruben