GtkSocket focus control?

  I've put a GTK+ vim into a 1.2 GtkSocket (via GtkPlug).  While
it works, I can't manage to sort out the input focus correctly.

  (a) vim doesn't think it has input focus (as per it's cursor
shape); I imiagine it's expecting GTK to tell it that

  (b) all key presses go to vim (and work) *and* to the parent
app.!

  I've tried doing a gtk_widget_grab_focus(my_gtk_socket)
straight away, but that doesn't do it.  Maybe I need to wait
till the vim process is actually communicating?  Is plug_window
only set when GTK+ comms. has been established?

--
  Neil Bird   Principal Engineer                  |