Re: How to deallocate memory? => a quest for a new memory allocator.

Havoc Pennington wrote:

<snip>
> A bug in your program. Maybe you are freeing things twice and the
> second time you have junk memory instead of a widget.
seems to be a normal malloc() problem. (gdk functions use d_malloc()
and d_free() which currently end up in malloc() and free() ).

calling free() twice on the same atom produces very strange things,
normally resulting in crashing with SIGSEGV.

thats one reason why i wrote my own memory allocator, which can be
found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/deimos

it provides reference counting, finalizers, etc. .
this project also brings its own build enviroment, which allows very
easy writing of platform idependent makefiles and obsoletes automake
for most cases ...

~-n

 Enrico Weigelt
 meTUX IT Services