How to "auto-select" in CList

I'm trying to automatically scroll down a CList.  Simply moving the
selection with:

    gtk_clist_select_row()

doesn't do it.  I've also tried linking with:

     gtk_scrolled_window_set_vadjustment()

but have had no luck.  Is it possible?  Are there some examples?

What would be great is if I could do something like the following (CList
with 1 column only ... multiple rows):

1.  When a button is clicked, the first list entry is selected
2.  When clicked again, it advances to the next entry
3.  When the selector moves past the bottom of the window, the window
automatically scrolls to adjust.

There's gotta be a way.

Thanks,

DT
--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html