no docs

I'm building Gtk from the CVS tree.  I generally build it like so:

    cvs up . ; CFLAGS=-g ./autogen.sh ; make clean ; make

It never makes anything in the docs part of the tree (eliding the
entering/leaving stuff):

    Making all in docs
    Making all in tutorial
    make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    Making all in faq
    make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    Making all in reference
    Making all in gdk-pixbuf
    make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    Making all in gdk
    make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    Making all in gtk
    make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
    make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.

This is what's in docs/reference/gtk after building:

    % ls docs/reference/gtk/
    CVS          compiling.sgml     gtk-sections.txt      tmpl
    Makefile     framebuffer.sgml   gtk.types             tree_widget.sgml
    Makefile.am  gtk-docs.sgml      objects_grouped.sgml  windows.sgml
    Makefile.in  gtk-overrides.txt  text_widget.sgml

The only thing I could think of is that configure detects the lack of some
docbuilding tool and thus disables documentation generation.  I just ran
autogen.sh again and noticed that it's looking for two tools it can't find:
db2html and sgml2html:

    checking for db2html... (cached) false
    checking for sgml2html... (cached) no

Where might I find them?