help

To Whom It May Concern:

Please help me, I an new to computers, I am not a programmer or an IT professional – I am a new found linux enthusiast. There is just one thing I would like to know how to do, but I simply cannot find any information anywhere on the net, as to how to solve it I would like to be able to read and write individual pixel colour values to and from an image file on linux.

For Example:

1 I want to write the colour value 200-150-10, to an image file “photo.bmp”, at location
x-200 and y-100, and

2 I want to be able to read the colour value of a pixel located at x-25 and y-25, on an image file called “picture.rgb”

Any help you provide would be great. Even if you are not able to tell me how to do this , if could just point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Take care
Rolf Kudelka.