Re: confused about arrow key syms

KP_Up would be 8.
KP_PgUp would be 9.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raymond Wan" <rwan cs mu oz au>
To: "Steph" <steph fox btinternet com>
Cc: "Skip Montanaro" <skip pobox com>; <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: confused about arrow key syms

Hi,

Actually, I think what Skip was asking about was what KP_Up meant.
I don't know from a GTK point of view, but from what I know of laptops, it
would be the Page Up that you get on your numeric pad.  Most laptops do
have a numeric pad, but you have to hit like three keys :-) to turn it on
and doing so, usually turns on some light first.  On a full keyboard, the
other Page Up/Page Down on the keypad is "9"  and "3" respectively with
numlock off.  The normal ones would be the grey keys between the numeric
pad and your keyboard.

Ray

PS:  The numeric pad on a laptop is usually under your right hand
somewhere...with "4" being the J key and "5" being K, and so forth.  If
you don't have numbers marked on them, you might not have them...