Re: Option Menu

John Cupitt wrote:
> Hi Ignacio, I'm not sure you should be using radio items with an option
> menu. Here's what I do:
>
> --
>         optionview->options = gtk_option_menu_new();
>         gtk_box_pack_start( GTK_BOX( hb ),
>                 optionview->options, FALSE, FALSE, 2 );
>         pane = gtk_menu_new();
>         for( p = option->labels, i = 0; p; p = p->next, i++ ) {
>                 item = gtk_menu_item_new_with_label( (char *) p->data );
>                 gtk_signal_connect( GTK_OBJECT( item ), "activate",
>                         GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC( optionview_change_cb ),
> optionview );
>                 gtk_menu_append( GTK_MENU( pane ), item );
>         }
>         nitems = i;
>         gtk_widget_show_all( GTK_WIDGET( pane ) );
>         gtk_option_menu_set_menu(
>                 GTK_OPTION_MENU( optionview->options ), pane );
>         i = CLIP( 0, option->value, nitems - 1 );
>         gtk_option_menu_set_history( GTK_OPTION_MENU( widget ), i );
> --

I do more or less the same except that I used radiobuttons...
It works fine, the only problem is the one mentioned in my previous
email:
If a selection has not yet been made (using the mouse), the first menu
item is always the selected one, no matter what I've passed using
gtk_option_menu_set_history() before.

Any idea 'bout this?

Just another thing. Whatfor do you use this code-line? I don't
understand it.
i = CLIP( 0, option->value, nitems - 1 );

Thanks again,
	Ignacio Nodal