Re: Enable/Disable widgets

In message <20010703172931 82218 qmail web11508 mail yahoo com>you write:
>Hi! I'm wondering if there's any way to get the same
>functionallity of Disable and Enable properties in
>MS-Visual Basic... the appeareance of be disable, the
>disabled button hasn't the push effect when you click
>on them...
>
>I'm trying to build a button using just a drawing area
>and drawing it, but I would like to use a most natural
>way to do it

if you build your own button, then you're on your own since there are
many ways you might implement the button.

if you use a GtkWidget, or more precisely, a GtkButton, then:

   gtk_widget_set_sensitive (GTK_WIDGET(the_button), TRUE);  /* enabled */
   gtk_widget_set_sensitive (GTK_WIDGET(the_button), FALSE); /* disabled */

--p