Identifying a widget in any app.

  I'm hoping to start playing about with custom gktrc files that set
widget specific key bindings & the like, as appears to be possible.

  I know that bindings can be attached to widgets in an X-resource-like
'class/name.class/name...' definition (e.g., "GtkWindow*GtkButton"), but
my question is:

  Aside from trawling through the relevant app.'s code, is there any way
to easily identify a widget's full reference? Indeed, even *with* the
source, how would I get at it (e.g., printing it out in a test build)?

  And on that note - where's the best place to put that sort of thing? Is
there a standard GTK/GNOME to put app-specific gtkrc files? Or does
everything go in ~/.gtkrc.mine ?

--
Neil Bird                          |  If this .signature   |