intercepting "key_press_event"

Is there any way of intercepting the "key_press_event" before the GtkEntry
widget contained within a GtkFileSelection widget gets it?  I have written an
app that can be used to access files across a network.  I'd like to change the
cursor from an arrow to a GDK_WATCH while the GtkFileSelection widget performs
it's filename completion routine.  This would allow me to let a user know the
application is busy when trying to access files over a slow network.  Thanks in
advance to any who reply.

				-- Stupid Genius