Re: A function for ls?

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 10:44:03AM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> It's platform dependent.  On a POSIX-compliant system you can
>
> #include <dirent.h>
>
> end use functions such as opendir(), readdir(), ...  These all have
> manual pages e.g. man 3 opendir.

And you can also, at least on Windows, use those functions as well, in
applications using GLib, if you include <glib.h>:

	http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/glib/glib-windows-compatability-functions.html

I don't know whether GLib ports to other non-UNIX platforms will provide
them as well; they probably should do so on all platforms where it's
possible for the port to do so.