Re: programing optimization

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:51:41 -0700 (MST)
Mark Leisher <mleisher crl nmsu edu> wrote:

>     Alan> Does anyone know of a (free?) utility that is capable of analyzing a
>     Alan> program and telling me how much time is being spent and/or cpu usage
>     Alan> being consumed by each function?  Thanks in advance to any who
>     Alan> reply.

You can use gprof with gcc to do so; I don't remember the details, as
I didn't use it for a while, but I think you compile the -p flag. Than
you execute your program and look at the file which is
generated. Gprof makes nice looking statistics out of it.

--
Christoph Simon
datageo terra com br
---