Re: How many *lines* are visible in a GtkText?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Davina Armstrong wrote:
> GtkText has a member:
> GList *line_start_cache;
> which I believe is a list of all of the visible lines.  You could try
> iterating through the list, counting how many lines it contains.  I
> haven't tried, this, though.

Hi Davina,

	Thanks!  Actually, I noticed a few of member variables in GtkText
that I could look into that might help.  However, being the newbie that I
am, I wasn't able to directly access them.  That is, with a pointer to a
GtkWidget, how would one dereference the right pointers to get to this
variable (which I did notice in the file gtktext.h).

	I tried looking for it with a graphical debugger but I got lost...
;(

Ray