Re: [Re: [Re: how to get text from combo box]]

hi, i am trying to catch the list item in combo widget using "changed" signal hooked to GTK_ENTRY(GTK_COMBO(combo)->entry) it is working fine for 2 selections from the list of items in a combo box.. but for the 3rd click it is not working.. it gives segmentation error...(is due to some memory problem) i really don't know anything... thanks, Jean-Francois BUTKIEWICZ wrote:
alprach wrote:
hi,

i tried ..... but don't know why it is not working.

this is a gist of my program

GtkWidget *combo;
GList *list=NULL;

//list-- has a list of items

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(GTK_COMBO(combo)->list),"select-child",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(my_callback),NULL);

//my_callback function is like this

void my_callback(GtkWidget *combo)
{
char *string;
string=gtk_editable_get_chars(GTK_EDITABLE(GTK_COMBO(combo)->entry),0,-1);
g_print("%s\n",string);
free(string);
}

its also giving me warning such as

warning : invalid cast from GtkList to GtkCombo
and many more such warnings

can somebody help me..

Jeff Shipman wrote:
The entry widget of a combo box can be accessed via
GTK_ENTRY(GT K_COMBO(my_combo_box)->entry). Then, you
can set activate signals on that and you can use
gtk_editable_get_chars() to get the text. If you want
to get the text each time something is selected in
the list, then hook the "select-child" signal up to
GTK_ENTRY(GTK_COMBO(my_combo_box)->list) and then
use gtk_editable_get_chars() as before.

Hope this helps. :)

Jeff "Shippy" Shipman E-Mail: shippy nmt edu
Computer Science Major ICQ: 1786493
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy