Pixmaps/Bitmaps

Hello.

I'm trying to stick some pixmaps on a CTree, and I can't get them even
initialized without a segmentation fault. And testgtk.c has only confused
me even more. Their example doesn't assign anything to the GdkBitmap
*mask. And what is up with that circles-bits business?

I guess I am asking for some (better) example code for

GdkPixmap *gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm( GdkWindow   *window,
                                       GdkBitmap   **mask,
                                       GdkColor    *transparent_color,
                                      const gchar  *filename );

And I don't have a clue what to do about the GdkBitmap **mask. The testgtk
example doesn't seem to do anything more than declare mask, and then it's
used in

gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm (window, &mask, background, filename);

Thanks,

Matthew P. Hillebrand