Re: how to get text from combo box

The entry widget of a combo box can be accessed via
GTK_ENTRY(GTK_COMBO(my_combo_box)->entry). Then, you
can set activate signals on that and you can use
gtk_editable_get_chars() to get the text. If you want
to get the text each time something is selected in
the list, then hook the "select-child" signal up to
GTK_ENTRY(GTK_COMBO(my_combo_box)->list) and then
use gtk_editable_get_chars() as before.

Hope this helps. :)

Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy nmt edu
Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy