Re: How many *lines* are visible in a GtkText?

> Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:29:18 -0800
> From: "Eric M. Monsler" <emonsler beamreachnetworks com>
> To: gtk-list gnome org
> Subject: How many *lines* are visible in a GtkText?
> Is there some way of directly finding out the number of lines?
>
> TIA,
>
> Eric M. Monsler

Hi Eric,

	This is actually a problem I have too but one that I'm not
actively persuing -- probably in a few days after I get my other widgets
working.  I, too, will have to find this out some day.  I haven't tried
this, but would looking inside the GtkText structure help (as defined in
gtk/gtktext.h)?  [I wouldn't know how to do this, though...]

	Actually, I was thinking of using variables and/or arrays to keep
track of how much text I'm inserting as I insert them...a better solution
would be nice!  If you get any e-mails about it, please forward to me...
:)

Ray