Re: Compiler

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 02:16:30AM -0800, khairy noor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone help me. I just heard about gtk/gnome programming and I'm
> interested in studying it. But I'm having problem in compiling gtk program.
> Whenever I try to compile a gtk program, this message will appear.
>
> $ gcc -Wall intro.c -o intro 'gtk-config --cflags --libs'
> gcc: gtk-config --cflags --libs: No such file or directory
> In file included from /usr/include/gdk/gdktypes.h:33,
>                  from /usr/include/gdk/gdk.h: 31,
>                  from /usr/include/gtk/gtk/h: 31,
>                  from intro.c:1:
> /usr/include/glib.h:66:24: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory

As someone has already indicated, the command should be

gcc -Wall intro.c -o intro `gtk-config --cflags --libs`
and not

gcc -Wall intro.c -o intro 'gtk-config --cflags --libs'

I don't know if you can tell the difference between the two kinds of quotes in the font you are using (' and `)
Maybe I should have paid more attention to the mail client you are using ;)

anyway the quote you want (backquote) is performed by pressing they key with the ~ on it (without holding shift)

this should be in whatever docs you were reading to compile gtk/gnome apps...