About window decorations

Hi,
 my (new) problem is this: I need to position a dialog window under its
parent... I mean, its upper margin should begin where the lower margin of
the other one begins; moreover, I need that the window are centered
together, so that they *absolute* centers have the same x value. something
like

     ************
     *          *
     *          *
     *          *
     ************
  ******************
  *                *
  ******************

but... In my program I can calculate easily the size of the *content* of the
two windows, and I can get the position of the main one with
gdk_window_get_deskrelative origin, and gdk_window_get_root_origin.
Differencing the two, I can calculate also the leftmost and upmost
decoration size. But, to reach my goal, I need to know also the lowmost and
rightmost decoration size... this is because in general in sawfish their
dimensions don't match, and (e.g.in the MicroGUI theme, whose dialog windows
have the bar on the right) I have something like

     ************
     *          *
     *          *
     *          *
     ************
  ********************
  *                ***
  ********************

thus totally uncentered. Moreover, if I don't know the lower margin, and
it's different from any I already have (left or upper), I could only reach a
sovrapposition:

     ************
     *          *
     *          *
     *          *
  ******************

 Is there a function that gives me the dims of *all 4* the margins? Or at
least the *total* width/height, so that I can calculate?

Another (simple) question... may (and how) I make a dialog window
*without*any*"title"*bar*? Only the thin margins, like the dialog windows of
the absolute-e theme, for example?

 Thank you very much! (I hope the diagrams aren't too impossible to
visualize... ;)
  Mano :)