NoteBooks and "switch_page" signal

Hi,
    After reading through the archives I didn't find a nice easy
solution to using this signal.

    I want to shadow the currently active page number in a integer value
in my app. I use the switch_page signal and all is well until the user
closes the window, at which point a shower of page_switch events hit the
callback.

    I am going to try to disconnect my callback when the window's
destroy event happens using a callback, and am wondering if this is the
recommended solution to my problem? Or if there is a new signal in gtk 2
that doesn't emmit when gtk changes the page, only when the user does?

"Life's not fair, but the root password helps." -BOFH