Re: Setting size of SpinButton

On 31 Jan 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Paul Davis <pbd Op Net> writes:
>> except that its far from clear what you use it for. if you set the
>> usize of the spinbutton, it will still be too small, because of the
>> space taken by the arrows. a real annoyance.
>>

> Presumably the 2.0 API would be something like
> gtk_spin_button_set_char_size() and would take the arrows into
> account. I suppose for the spin button you could actually just measure
> the upper/lower values and use the size from that, come to think of
> it. Hmm. Breaks if you are using the "input" and "output" signals
> though.
>
> For 1.2, yeah you have to add extra pixels for the arrows.

That's what we do now.

> I know there will be a bunch of little stuff like this that we forget
> for 2.0 and then kick ourselves having to answer the FAQ for the next
> year or two - everyone please query bugzilla.gnome.org for the "2.0
> API freeze" milestone and be sure your favorite fix-FAQ-via-API-change
> requests are in there or in the devel code itself. ;-)

I'm wondering why this should be an API change?  Shouldn't the spinbutton
resize itself automatically?  It knows what its bounds are anyway.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg