GtkList: changing the list from select_child

Hi,

I stumbled upon a bug, or misfeature, or just lack of feature:
What happened in my application is that the strings of a GtkCombo
widget were changed from inside the GTK_COMBO(widget)->list
widget's select-child signal. The result was a core dump.

While it is true that there actually was no need to do this in
the application, and I could work around this quite easily,
I just thought could this be supported, should it be
supported, and will it be supported?

This is with gtk+ 1.2.10 (on NetBSD/i386) if it matters.

Another point (not related to the Subject), but there is trouble
with GtkLabel widgets that have no label set. Resizing etc.
causes lots of woes because the size is not known. A simple
workaround of course exists (make the label be " " for example),
but, well...

Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

--
Arto Huusko (arto huusko utu fi) | Diving Is Fun
Divecalc @ http://divecalc.cjb.net