Re: A problem about programming with gtk+ in multiprocess.

>The rule to follow is:
> - You may not touch GTK widgets created in the parent in the child,
>   in any way, it will not work

I believe that if we are to be completely rigourous:

    You may not touch GTK widgets created in the parent in the child,
    if the parent ever accesses them or any GTK+, GDK, or X Window
    function after calling fork. This includes calling exit() in the
    parent.

I believe that its possible to write a program that did this:

  parent:
     setup GTK, create widgets
     fork

  child:
     run the GUI

However, I have no idea why anyone would choose to do that.

--p