From: "Rusty Conover" <rconover bangtail net>
To: "Jean-Christophe Berthon" <jberthon capgemini fr>
Cc: <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: A problem about programming with gtk+ in multiprocess.

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Freeing memory in the child process is not normally necessary since most
kernels (including Linux) employ the "copy on write" policy for the
child process address spaces.  This means that the memory actually isn't
copied from parent to child unless either process makes changes to the
memory, otherwise the child just reads directly from the parent process.

Hope that helps,

Rusty