Re: forking heap question

>parent heaps totally independent, as should be. Maybe there is a way to
>tell gtk at the fork point whether child or parent will keep the widgets
>instead of leaving it up to gtk to decide?

there isn't any choice. the child cannot access the widgets. end of
story. i didn't even both to check your code to notice that it was
doing that. if you want to operate on widgets created in a given
process, you need to be inside that process. once you fork, you can't
access them anymore (well, not without expecting problems). what makes
you think you could do this?

>subroutine is performed within a simple loop. I have also noticed that
>with gtk either the parent or the child can take over the gtk widgets,
>depending on who accesses them first. So I believe some error (probably

what code are you looking at that makes you think it works this way?

--p