validation in entry widget

Hello,

I want to validate the contents of the entry widget and if necessary to NOT
allow focus out of that entry widget. But it is not possible to do this.

I use gtk_entry_new() to create the widget.
I capture the 'focus_out_event' with a signal handler.
In that handler I validate and set the focus back with
'gtk_widget_grab_focus()'

But the application quits.

Under Windows, it is not recommended to set the focus back on the same
control in its lost focus since the system supposedly is in an indeterminate
state during that time. The solution is to post a user defined message and
then do that focussing later.

Is is the same here? Then how do I do the validation?

Mani. M