Re: portability

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Teber Ozceyhan wrote:

> can i port my gtk programs written in redhat 7.1 to windowsXXX.
>
> If yes
>
> what shall i do ?
> what kind of tools or compilers shall i have? and so on...
>
> thanx for your help

I made some experiments with gtk+ for windows which you can find at
http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/.

After installing the software (some .lib,.dll and .h files for glib, gdk
and gtk), I just wrote a sample app for Linux. then I copied the app
sources to my windows partition and recompiled it. Besides some smaller
changes to names (files) and some attention to system specific code (File
System accesses, memory allocation, ...) it worked fine.
hope this helps.
M.