MacOS Classic & Windows CE/PocketPC support?

Hello, all.

First, I'd like to apologise to all of you who are on both the GLADE-users and
GTK-list mailing lists, who are going to receive two copies of this message.  I
felt it best to cross-post to make sure I (hopefully) found somebody who can
answer all of my questions.

I'd like to be able to develop applications in C++ where the source code is as
platform-independant as possible.  It's been my experience that differences in
things such as byte-ordering and library interface can be accomodated in the
preprocessor via #if and #define statements in the source.

But when it came to the code for the program's UI, I've found it's VERY
platform-dependant, requiring a complete re-design for each platform...

That is, (possibly) until I ran across GLADE (http://glade.gnome.org) this
morning.  Maybe I'm guilty of a little too much wishful thinking, but that's why
I'm emailing the gtk and glade lists...  I figure that if somebody knows whether
GLADE/GTK+ is the answer to my search, or if I'm just "smoking crack", that
person is on one or both of these lists.  :)

Essentially, I have three specific questions:

1) It would appear that I can build GLADE-generated code natively on any
platform to which GTK+, automake, and autoconf have been ported.  Is this
correct?

2) Since I know GIMP and GTK+ have been ported to Win32
(http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32) and that automake and autoconf work under
CygWin, (I've never tried using them from an MS-DOS prompt) I'm assuming (see
#1) that I can build GLADE-produced UIs on Windows.  Has anyone tried building
an application for Windows CE/PocketPC using GLADE?

3) Thanks to http://www.macgimp.org, I know that GTK has been ported to MacOS X.
Does anyone know if it can be made to work under MacOS Classic? (<= OS 9.x)

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions, and double-thanks to those who
choose to answer any of my questions.

Barry