Re: Compile warning when setting entry text

Henry,

Could you carefully check exactly what your prototype is?

What you typed in your first email was that your prototype was
incorrect.  It may be correct in the code but not in the email; this is
easy to do, but could be why the answer you received did not immediately
appear useful to you.

> > gtk uk2 net wrote:
(snip)
> >> I have extern *nextavailnumber() defined returning a character from a
> >> database.

My reading of the above is that nextavailablenumber() returns a pointer
to an integer.  If the above is indeed what you have, then the change
John suggested will probably work:

> On 28 Aug, John Cupitt wrote:
(snip)
> >       extern const char *nextavailablenumber();

I confess that I am confused by the nature of the warning, but also by
you assertion that you tried returning pointers rather than characters.
However, the fact that it works indicates that the problem is not in the
returned value, but in the prototype.

Eric