Displaying ppm's

Hi I'm fairly new to gtk, and I've started to develop some software
using the glade development software, I've managed to design the front
end and put the required code behind it to make every thing work as
required. My question is regarding the displaying of images especially
PPM and PGM formats. I want to display two different images next to each
other in the same window but in a different frame/partition so I've
inserted two viewports as I thought this would be the best way.

I would like to know how to loads the images and display them in their
corresponding areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Andy Shaw