Re: gtk+-1.2.9-4

> From: "Carlos A. Villalba" <phycav phy025 lubb ttuhsc edu>
>
> I'm just a beginner in the Linux's world, trying to build my first
> application with a GUI. However, I've gotten some problem. Anf I don't
> know what it's going on. So, even installing Netscape 6.1 I have
> problem. Particulary, the installation program always report the
> following line:

I'm not sure I understand. Does this happen when you run the program you
are writing, or does this occur when you run some sort of
gtk+-based install script for Netscape?

> Gtk CRITICAL **:file gtkwidget.c: line 1510 (gtk_widget_hide): assertion
> 'widget!=NULL' failed

This message is a debug message, indicating that the program which is
using gtk+ has some sort of problem. It does _not_ indicate a bug in
gtk+.

> So, I already tried to replace my GTK+ library, but it was unsuccessful.
> First, I couldn't replaced them. Second, I cannot fine the version I
> have (gtk+-1.2.9-4).

What is the current state of the libraries on you machine. In particular,
what do you get when you run the commands "which gtk-config",
"gtk-config --version", and "gtk-config --libs"?

> So, what can I do?...

Keep trying, and give a few more details about your problem.

Ron Steinke