Re: threading problems...please help with workaround

Hi,

Ralph Walden <rwalden tripos com> writes:

> Any explanation as to WHY this works?
>
> > > insert a call to gdk_flush() before gdk_threads_leave().

well, obviously X needs a kick in the ass here. gdk_flush() calls
XSync() (that's all it does). The XSync function flushes the output
buffer and then waits until all requests have been received and
processed by the X server. I'm not really sure why this is necessary
here. I tried this with GTK+ on DirectFB and the code Brad posted
did work perfectly without the call to gdk_flush().

Salut, Sven