widget request/question

Hi people,

Probably a very boring question - does such a widget already exist?

I'm looking for a widget that could serve as a replacement for what I'm
currently using as my video editor's "scene viewer" or whatever you want
to call it ("time line"?)...

There's a picture at
http://ronald.bitfreak.net/images/studio-0.1.3-2.png, it's about the
bottom list of images - it shows an image for each scene in the
currently opened video editlist. I currently use a simple scrolled
window with a vbox consisting of an array of 256 images, some of which
are hidden. If a new scene is added, I will move the contents of each
image widget one to the right, show one new image at the right. If I
delete one scene, I move contents one to the left and hide the image
widget.
Very nice (uhum), it even works, but it is evil and ugly. Besides that,
since a few days I added scene transitions and other fancy overlay
graphics. I want to make it possible to show "small squares between two
images" which should indicate a scene transition. Also, when adding a
new scene, it would be nice if I wouldn't have to move the contents of
each image one to the right but if I could just insert a "new image"
somewhere in the middle. That would also solve the problem that I can
only open 256 scenes at max now (because the image array is 256 images
big).

Call my current method stupid and I completely agree with you but it
worked and was enough when I started it. However, if I want to add
smaller sqaure images in between two big images to visualize a scene
transition or other fancy things I need to be able to "insert" things
somewhere in the middle of the array or list of images rather than "move
contents to the left or right" in order to get the correct positioning
of the images...

Well, long story - I hope you get an idea of what the widget should do.
Does anything like that exist or is there something which comes a bit
close and which I could use as starting point for making my own? Key
point is that I want to get rid of "moving images to the right" and
stuff - I just need to be able to insert a new image automatically and
all images coming after this new image should automatically be moved to
the right. (And I really wanna get rid of this maximum number of scenes
;-) ).

Any help appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Ronald

--
-   .-.
-   /V\   | Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>