accel key... <alt> or <ctrl>

 I think accel key should work with <alt>
 cos, ctrl key is working so much in terminal...

 most key from a to z is reserved in terminal...
 for example, when you press ctrl+c to stop a program, the selected block
 will be copied simultaneously
 when you type ctrl+v to paste into pine, it will not work well.
 intead of paste, the next page will appear...

 mhm... I have a question.
 I made a menu and set all accel key to <alt>*.
 but there is some problem.
 when I press <alt>F, the FILE menu is activated although I set <alt>F to
 another menu item...(it is submenu)

 How can I solve this problem?

 ps. Please cc me. I didn't subscribe this mailing list...
 Thank you. :-)