CList selection strikes again!

hi everybody,

I'd like to know which are the possible techniques that can be used to
determine the selected row(s) in a CList.
I've seen in an ol' thread from sep'2000 that programmer had to use
'row-selected' and 'row-unselected' events and to fill his own state
tab. Is it still true?
It is also written in the FAQ that clist->selection can be used, but
also that, in EXTENDED mode, clist->selection=NULL. Is it still true,
and why this behavior?

Finally, and in a more global aspect, i'd like to know how to link a
clicked row, to the method of the object it represents, even when rows
have been reordered. (read it twice fast)
Ready? Steady. Go!

Thanks,

David.