Re: GtkEntry and clipboard

Alex Biryukov <alex vabank kiev ua> writes:
> It's fine, but when ?
> I need popup Copy/Cut/Paste menu. I tried catch "event" event for
> GtkEntry, but selection is cleared before(signal "GDK_SELECTION_CLEAR"
> fired before passing to "event" handler).

Ah, right. Try "button_press_event" instead of "event" - I believe
button_press_event handlers get to run first.

Then override the default behavior by using
gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name() to block further signal handlers. (In
GTK 2 you can also stop further handlers by simply returning TRUE.
And of course in nearly all cases handler-blocking is a shortcut to
avoid subclassing the widget, which would be more elegant in some
theoretical sense.)

Actually in GTK 2 the c/c/p menu is there on the entry by default, so
I guess the fact that this is easier to implement in GTK 2 isn't
interesting. ;-)

Havoc