Re: Gtklist and memory leakage

Hi,

"Ian King" <king eiffel com> writes:

> Does anyone know of any memory leakage problems with gtklist?  Is seems that
> if I add, say 50 list items to a list (individually with gtk_container_add),
> clear the list, add another 50, the memory is never reclaimed.  Does anyone
> else have this problem, is there a way to resolve it?

GtkList uses a GList to store its data and GList uses a GMemChunk created
using G_ALLOC_ONLY with a number of pre_allocated elements of 128. This
means, GList elements are allocated in bunches of 128 and are never freed
but stay around for later reuse. To change this, you can push a different
GList allocator using g_list_push_allocator().

Salut, Sven