Recurse through whole widget tree?

  I'd like to recurse through an entire widget tree (actually
starting from a window). I'd hopeed it would be as simple as a
recursive GTK_IS_CONTAINER/foreach loop, but ... it's not.

  Is there any simply trick? I understand that menus will be a
special case.

  Here's what glade does the other way around (to find a
widget's window):

  for (;;)
    {
      if (GTK_IS_MENU (widget))
        parent = gtk_menu_get_attach_widget (GTK_MENU (widget));
      else
        parent = widget->parent;
      if (parent == NULL)
        break;
      widget = parent;
    }

  [ is there not a 'what's this widget's window' call? ]

--
  Neil Bird   Principal Engineer                  |