Re: HELP??? Dialog Window

Esteban Quijano Vincenzi <Esteban Quijano artinsoft com> writes:
>         GdkEvent event;
>
>         event.type = GDK_DELETE;
>         event.any.window = widget->window;
>         event.any.send_event = TRUE;
>
>         gtk_signal_emit_by_name(GTK_OBJECT(widget), "delete-event", &event, data_pointer,
> &bool_result);

This is not allowed - to emit the delete_event signal you have to use
gtk_widget_event(). Emitting signals with emit_by_name is not allowed
unless you are writing the implementation of the widget that's
emitting the signal.

However even with gtk_widget_event() this is fragile in the face of
future GTK changes, I just don't think it's a good idea. It's much
better to have a close_window function and call that.

Havoc