Re: HELP??? Dialog Window

"Jean-Christophe Berthon" <jean-christophe berthon cgey com> writes:
> > AFAIK:
> >
> > >    - destroy_event
> >
> >        the window is being deleted and nothing can be done about it
> >
> > >    - delete_event
> >
> >        the WM attempted to close the window
> >
> > >    - destroy
> >
> >        the GTK object is being destroyed (not GUI related)
>

> Thanks a lot for your enlightment :-) but I have a subsidiary question :
> How to simulate a delete_event from the code? A kind of equivalent to
> "gtk_widget_destroy" but which do the same as the WM close button.

delete_event by default results in calling gtk_widget_destroy(), so
most of the time you want to just handle destroy.

I would suggest not simulating a delete event, but instead having a
function close_window() and call that from both the delete event
handler and wherever else you want to close the window.

Havoc