Re: HELP??? Dialog Window

Thanks Paul!  I can sleep now!
:)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Davis" <pbd Op Net>
To: "Steph" <steph fox btinternet com>
Cc: "Jean-Christophe Berthon" <jean-christophe berthon cgey com>; "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com>; "Gtk List" <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: HELP??? Dialog Window

>When you say "destroyed by X" - could you please put that into words of one sy
>llable a Windows user might understand?

It means that the underlying display system (X Window in this case)
has decided, for some reason or another, to completely destroy the
window. That means that whether your application likes it or not, the
display system will no longer be dealing with this window, and you can
should stop trying to use it (at the very least!)

What could cause this? Its a rare event, since for the most part, it
typically would happen after your app had exited from the top-level
gtk_main().

But there are X utilities, for example, that could ask the X server to
do this, and I imagine that on other display models, similar
functionality exists.

--p