RE: scrollbar display options

Hi Havoc, Drazen, list-members,

>- with the scale widget, part of the issue is that
>  GtkRange/GtkScale/GtkScrollbar seem to have been a test bed for
>  the first iteration of GtkObject back in the pre-1.0 days, and
>  they are absolutely ridiculous in implementation and difficult
>  to usefully derive from. But aside from that...
>
>  The tick marks you want should be part of the widget, as Paul
>  says. That's the best solution I can come up with. I think the
>  only way the scale will change size though is for the text
>  at either end to change... which brings us to the buttons:

Is the one in (pre-)2.0 better? I never looked at 1.3.x/pre-2.0
yet... I fully agree that it should be one widget and not a
collection of widgets... But I've looked in the gtkscale-source
and this is really ununderstandable. gtkhscale refers to gtkscale
which refers to gtkrange which refers to.....
I'm losing sight at such points ;-)
Do you think that the pre-2.0 scale widget is any better? Or will
I have to fight and fight trough the source of 1.2.x to achieve
a widget with three ticks?

Ronald Bultje

PS if you have any practical comment on how I could achieve this
easily, all help is welcome, of course ;-)