Re: Newbie questions

>     Ed> I see that GTK+ has some kind of resource files.  Is there any kind
>     Ed> of graphical screen design tool, similar to the Microsoft Resource
>     Ed> Editor, where I can drag and drop controls; use a property box to
>     Ed> define their properties; stretch, mangle and bend them till I get
>     Ed> the look I want; and have all this saved in a file somewhere,
>     Ed> automatically part of my program?  I know, I'm spoiled, but I'm used
>     Ed> to that.
>
> I think you will want to look at glade.

Yes, if it's a graphical gui editor you want, Glade fits the bill. Also look
into LibGlade. Glade saves the gui you created as an XML file. It can then
either generate C/C++/Other code for you, or you can use LibGlade to read
the XML file and have it auto-create it for you on the fly. LibGlade is great
because it allows you to make changes in the gui interface without having
to recompile, and it also makes it easier to write better MVC code keeping
the gui and generic code seperate.

Loban.

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
|  loban earthling net, loban ugcs caltech edu,  http://i.am/loban  |