scrollbar display options

I notice that there are no options controlling scrollbar display in the 2.0
api.  I think it would be useful to allow programmers (and users) to specify
how they want the three elements of the scrollbar.  Here's some bad ascii
art to demonstrate the three obvious possibilities for GtkHScrollbar:

    <----------------[||]-------------->

    ----------------[||]--------------<>

If anyone remembers NeWs, you could also have:

I'm new to Gtk, but a client just asked for this flexibility today.

If I was to implement something, might it be accepted into the source or is
such an option out of the realm of possibility?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
(847)971-7098